Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided (11 1/2 oz bag)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- Combine flour and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Beat butter,sugar,brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Sit in oats,3/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Spread into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 22-28 minutes or until center is set.
- Immediately sprinkle with remaning chocolate chips,let stand for 5 minutes or until chips are shiny.
- Spread cips and sprinkle with remaning nuts.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
Easy and tasty! Made with sultanas instead of walnuts (my little boy's daycare has a no-nut policy and I wanted these for his morning tea) and they were a winner!