Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chock full of chocolate and walnuts...mmmmm
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, softened
- 473.18 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 19.71 ml vanilla extract (divided)
- 709.77 ml quick oats
- 591.47 ml flour
- 7.39 ml salt (divided)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml walnuts (chopped)
- In a mixing bowl, cream 1 cup butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture.
- Press two-thirds of oat mixture into a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, chocolate chips and remaining butter and salt.
- Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and remaining vanilla.
- Spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares.
Very good. I spread the baked bottom crust with crunchy peanut butter which added some extra flavor. I have had these with M&M's on top of the chocolate mixture, and I am going to try that next time, since it was sooo good. Make sure you don't bake too much.
I was originally going to give this 4 stars based on my preference, but after taking it to my sons school and all the teachers asking for the recipe, It deserves 5 stars. TY
Thank you for saving me every year when I HAVE to make this for my hubby's Christmas party at work! I can never find the recipe when I need it. Of course it's never as good as my Mom's but they don't know that. It is demanded every year. Thank you ,thank you,thank you!