Nature's Cuisine's Note:
Family recipe from my Grandma Patton. This was one of my favorites. It's easy to put together and makes a lot of cookies (70). Refrigerate or freeze wrapped in waxed paper and foil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup english walnuts, chopped fine
Crust or Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Combine and melt filling ingredients in a double boiler. Keep warm.
- 3Crust/Topping: Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- 4Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- 5Add flour, salt and soda.
- 6Stir in oatmeal.
- 7Then, spread 3/4 of batter evenly on an insulated sheet pan (11x17 "cookie sheet") to create crust.
- 8Spread filling mixture evenly on top of crust.
- 9Take a teaspoon of topping and flatten with your fingers until the crust is about 1/4" thick. Place on filling mixture. Repeat for remaining topping.
- 10Bake 18-22 minutes until light brown.
- 11Cool COMPLETELY. Cut into small rectangles, 7 lengthwise and 10 widthwise.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Oatmeal Bar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 70
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 90.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g