Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
from "perfect endings"
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening over hot water. Remove from heat.
- Add the sugar, egg and vanilla and beat thoroughly. Stir in flour mixture and rolled oats.
- Shape into balls, using 1 level teaspoon for each, and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Roll in sugar while still warm.