Recipe by death_by_parsnip
These are made with oil instead of butter/margarine. They are moist and keep well. Mine tasted better the day after I baked them. They are loosely based on a recipe from How it All Vegan (#26584). The dough is extremely moist, and it maybe possible to cut back on the amount of oil or soy milk.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup dry sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup carob chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt) in a bowl.
- Mix together the sugar, oil, soymilk, and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into a greased 9x13" pan.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the cookie bars are golden on top.
- Cool and cut into bars.