Recipe by RZ1234
Pack a little more nutrition into your chocolate chip cookies with whole grain oats. This is the recipe off the back of a bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet Morsels, but with a couple of twists to make them even better.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt on top and blend gently with your spoon or beaters, then mix into butter mixture thoroughly.
- Stir in oats, morsels, coconut, and almonds.
- Refrigerate dough until firm so your cookies don't spread too much (covered in the fridge this will keep for well over a week, so scoop out cookies 2-6 at a time for fresh baked cookies every day if you like).
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-14 minutes.