Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
One day I was making my usual oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and decided to add a new ingredient. This made the flavor pop! They went from ordinary to outstanding! I am asked to bring these to many events! Try them!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla & milk in a large mixing bowl. Mix until completely blended.
- Combine in a separate bowl: salt, baking soda, baking powder, unbleached flour, old fashioned oats and the 1 cup (2 packets) of maple brown sugar oatmeal (the "secret" ingredient!).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture. Stir or blend until dough is formed. Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking stone or cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray).
- Bake for 11-13 minutes (varies by oven and pan).
- Enjoy warm with a tall glass of milk!