Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
My favorite! I make these for friends. :)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat butter and sugars together til creamy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanill and beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips (and nuts if using).
- Mix well.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-10 minutes for chewy or 12-13 for crispy.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and then remove cookies to a cooling rack.
I've been making my Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies like this since 2003. LOVE them. Thanks for posting this. It's going right in the cookbook!
Ahhh these turned out pretty awesome!!
These are the best cookies ever. I had never made choc. oat-chip cookies before and these were so easy to make. I used whole wheat flour and only used 1 cup of brown sugar. I baked 1 dozan and I still have over a dozan in the freezer. Thank you for this great receipe.