Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I always make my cookies from scratch, but I was intrigued by the idea of using cake mix, so I gave it a try. I live in high altitude and added extra flour and my texture was great- chewy, chubby, and soft in the middle. You may want to try mixing some good-quality peanut butter chips with the semi-sweet.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (This is for high altitudes and I added it. I loved the texture which was chewy and not too cakey) (optional)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 -2 tablespoon water, mixed with
- instant coffee (If you added the extra flour the dough will need this)
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, flour, eggs, butter, and oats, and chips.
- Add the extra water if dough is too crumbly.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes, or until set.
- Note: I baked the cookies with the additional flour in regular altitude but preferred using 375 temperature.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove to wire racks.
Great recipe! I used the 1/4 cup flour and 1 tablespoon of water, but no instant coffee. My son really enjoyed them. Thanks!
super-easy, chewy & delicious. 2 thumbs up from the whole family. :)
GREAT RECIPE! I made this with a yellow cake mix, w/ the choc. chips & they really are excellent. The oatmeal is the secret ingredient in these, & gives 'em a homemade taste & a nice texture. My kids loved these-thanks