Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
White chocolate chips with wholewheat flour and oats make a lovely chewy caramel-like bar. White flour could be used instead of wholewheat, and brown sugar substituted for the raw sugar.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 75 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats or 1 cup muesli or 1 cup granola cereal
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180º C (350º F). Grease 11" X 7" pan.
- Mix together everything except oats and chocolate.
- Add in oats and chocolate.
- Spread into pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
I really want to give these 5 stars, because I love them! Unfortunately, my boyfriend wasn't a huge fan. Oatmeal desserts don't go over that well (yet...) in Germany. I thought they were delicious, but I don't want to make anything where I "have to" eat the whole thing by myself :) Maybe I'll make a half recipe next time. I used white chocolate chunks and added about 1/4 tsp salt. I baked them in a large pie plate and they turned out perfect! Thanks for the recipe.
Wonderful dessert. I love the ingredients, especially since I bake everything with whole wheat pastry flour. Will make again, already a favourite.
These were really good for being whole wheat. I used dark chocolate chunks and some white chips. My favorite part was the middle because it wasn't all the way done so they were nice and gooey!