Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious sounding recipe from the back of a box of a Publix brown sugar. Times are a guess-timate.
- 18 tablespoons butter, softened and divided (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats or 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat 1 cup butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed, until creamy.
- Add flour, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Press 2/3 of the oat mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan, reserving the rest for the topping.
- Heat chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring continuously until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the oats in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until top and edges are golden brown.