Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from my mom. This is a melt in your mouth, simple recipe for bars w/ oats, chocolate & peanut butter. They are rich but so worth it! I get a craving for these and make them every other month. It says to take them to room temperature & then cut them - I think that's so they don't break as you cut them (and therefore look prettier). I think they taste great cold too so I don't always wait for them to get to room temp! Enjoy!
- Grease 9" square baking pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar & vanilla; melt & mix well.
- Stir in oats.
- Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes until well-blended.
- Press 1/2 of mixture evenly into pan.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat.
- Mix peanut butter with melted chocolate.
- Spread PB/chocolate mixture evenly over oat mix in pan.
- Crumble remaining oat mix over chocolate layer. Press in gently.
- Cover & refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature before cutting into bars.