Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the bellalimento cooking blog. YUM!
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiardelli)
- 4 tablespoons nutella
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks (in addition to the 3 eggs above)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar (in addition to the 1/4 cup above)
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Place your butter & chocolate chips into a double boiler & allow to melt completely over the steaming water. Stir frequently. WHILE the chocolate butter is melting. Place the eggs & sugar into the bowl of your mixer. With the whisk attachment mix on medium-high speed until they become light & thick (about 8-9 mins). When light & thick add the flour & mix together. SLOWLY & GRADUALLY pour the chocolate/butter mixture into the egg mixture. Mixing on low until well combined & develops a glossy sheen (about 5-6 mins).
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. WHILE the mixture is finishing it’s final mixing (turning glossy) GENEROUSLY spray 4 small ramekins with cooking spray. When the batter is finished it’s time to assemble:.
- Place your sprayed ramekins onto a cooking tray. Ladle batter HALFWAY up the side of each ramekin. Then, spoon 1 tbsp of Nutella into each ramekin. Finish ladling remainder of batter into each ramekin (do not overfill). Bake ramekins for 10-14 mins until outside is solid and top appears to be soft (but NOT jiggly).
- WHILE cakes are cooking, chop your walnuts & cut your strawberries. When cakes are ready CAREFULLY remove them from oven, place a plate on top of each one and quickly invert it. With a kitchen towel remove the ramekin, cake should fall right out. Garnish with nuts & strawberries. Serve immediately!
Love this recipe! Easy, quick with luscious results. We like it paired with lots of whipped cream. Try this, you'll love it. Thanks Epi Curious for offering my new go-to chocoholic delight!