Recipe by shirley129
This recipe is a twist on the usual fudges out there. I didn't have enough chocolate on hand, so I came up with a worthy substitution. I think it's a winner-no complaints at my house.
Top Review by Schooter
I wanted to make a nutella fudge recipe but wanted to make it like real fudge. I heated it until it got to 140 F and then stirred in pecans. I think I may have mixed it too much to get the pecans to mix in because it hardened too much. It still tastes pretty amazing though. Next time I'll either omit the nuts or add them before I reach temp.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 0.5 (13 ounce) jar nutella
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 dash salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter an 8" square pan.
- Optional step: spread walnuts out on a sheet of foil and pop into 350* oven for 5-8 minutes, until nuts are golden and fragrant. Coarsely chop nuts and set aside.
- In a 1 quart glass bowl, combine the chocolate chips, Nutella, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a bowl.
- Microwave (HIGH) mixture for 3 minutes, taking it out halfway through and stirring well and returning it for the remaining time. I needed the whole 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove hot bowl and stir in vanilla and nuts(if desired).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours. It sets up almost immediately.
- After it's been chilled, score and cut fudge into bite size pieces. Enjoy!