Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Like chocolate truffles, but a little nutty!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, slivered
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- cocoa powder
- In the top of a double broiler, heat cream until it begins to simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and blend in sugar, chocolate, and butter until mixture is very smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Refrigerate mixture in pan and stir every ten minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- When it just begins to thicken, stir mixture vigorously.
- Return to refrigerator until firm enough to form balls.
- Roll in powdered cocoa and store in refrigerator.