Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
I have not tried these yet, but will for the holidays.
Top Review by sheilad1970
I have had this exact recipe in my "recipe bible" that I clipped from a magazine over 20 years ago! Follow it as directed and you will have wonderful results. I bake them at Christmas along with my other tried and true recipes, people love them and always request the recipe! The only change I make is instead of using a regular morsels and spreading it, I use mini-morsels and just sprinkle on and don't spread. They look and taste fantastic!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Reserve 2 tablespoons butter. In large mixer bowl, beat remaining butter and sugar until fluffy. Add flour and cocoa; mix well. With floured hands, pressed into greased 13"x9" pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine reserved butter and sweetened condensed milk; cook and stir until mixture thickens slightly, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from oven; immediately top with chips. Let stand 1 minute; spread while warm. Top with nuts. Cool. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.