Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
The combination of sweet and salty is delicious. I just made them for my grandkids and they are keepers!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 12 ounces salted nuts
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix brown sugar, 1 cup butter, vanilla, egg together.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread in bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes: till golden brown.
- Melt chocolate chips with corn syrup and butter; either in microwave or on stove top.
- Cool chocolate mixture while crust bakes.
- Spread chocolate mixture over crust, then sprinkle with nuts.
- Gently press nuts into chocolate.
- Cool in refrigerator, uncovered, about 2 hours.
These tasty little squares were made for the most part so that my other half could take most of them to work & share with co-workers! Still, I kept 12 or so for right here at home & loved every single bite! I especially liked the combo of salty nuts & the dark chocolate chips that I used! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]