Recipe by jneen
The combination of sweet and salty is delicious. I just made them for my grandkids and they are keepers!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
These tasty little squares were made for the most part so that my other half could take most of them to work & share with co-workers! Still, I kept 12 or so for right here at home & loved every single bite! I especially liked the combo of salty nuts & the dark chocolate chips that I used! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 12 ounces salted nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix brown sugar, 1 cup butter, vanilla, egg together.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread in bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes: till golden brown.
- Melt chocolate chips with corn syrup and butter; either in microwave or on stove top.
- Cool chocolate mixture while crust bakes.
- Spread chocolate mixture over crust, then sprinkle with nuts.
- Gently press nuts into chocolate.
- Cool in refrigerator, uncovered, about 2 hours.