Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
Dark chocolate and nuts = slice heaven in my book. This is so scrumptious and easy to prepare and your house will smell like a Belgian chocolate shop.
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 225 g good quality dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a small saucepan or a stainless steel bowl over a larger saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, yolk and sugar until pale.
- Fold in the chocolate mixture, flour and nuts until just combined.
- Spread the mixture into a greased tin (about 20cm x 20cm) and bake for about 25-30 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out moist (but not sticky and wet).
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into rectangles.