Recipe by Hey Jude
These cookies melt in your mouth, they're just wonderful. I got this recipe from the mother of a good friend.
Top Review by Kree
These are yummy, chocolatey cookies! They're so easy to make, and they look very elegant, like marble! I used chopped walnuts, and they gave the cookies a nice, crunchy texture. The only change I made was to use unsalted margarine instead of butter, and they turned out perfect! Thanks for another great recipe, Jude!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- extra butter and sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips, stir in chopped nuts.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Blend in flour.
- Add chocolate nut mixture.
- Stir with a fork just enough to revel chocolate into white mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch with the bottom of a glass greased with butter and dipped into sugar.
- Bake at 350° 10-12 minutes, do not overbrown.
- White part should be just very lightly browned.