Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A very tasty bread, you will love it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup currants or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Generously grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, pumpkin, and cocoa; beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to chocolate mixture alternately with milk, beating until mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips, pecans, and currants.
- Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool in pan 30 minutes, then transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Sift powdered sugar over top before serving.
This was a delicious moist bread! Definite keeper at this house! I did not change a thing. Thanks Olga Drozd ; )