Recipe by Steve P.
This is from the Kentucky Derby Museum Cookbook.
Top Review by Mrs.Lykins
I've loved this pie since I was a kid growing up in southern KY. I sometimes leave out pecans (friends are allergic), also sub some of the chocolate chips with white and butterscotch chips instead. But you CANNOT leave out the bourbon!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons kentucky Bourbon or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, partially baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs, flour, salt, and Kentucky Bourbon (or vanilla).
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Stir well.
- Pour into partially baked pie shell and bake for 30 minutes, or until center is set.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.