Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Kentucky Derby Museum Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons kentucky Bourbon or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, partially baked
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs, flour, salt, and Kentucky Bourbon (or vanilla).
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Stir well.
- Pour into partially baked pie shell and bake for 30 minutes, or until center is set.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
I've loved this pie since I was a kid growing up in southern KY. I sometimes leave out pecans (friends are allergic), also sub some of the chocolate chips with white and butterscotch chips instead. But you CANNOT leave out the bourbon!!!
Delicious, decadent and so easy to prepare. A real winner; thanks for posting!