Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living Magazine(May 2004), these dainties are scrumdidlyumptious!
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended. Add flour and salt, beating well. Stir in mini morsels.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Shape dough into 2x1/2" logs(bout 1 heaping teaspoons each). Place logs on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350*F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned; remove to wire racks to cool.
- Microwave chocolate morsels at High 4 minutes or until melted, stirring once.
- Dip ends of cookies in melted chocolate. Roll ends in walnuts. Place on wax paper until set. Freeze up to 1 month, if desired. Enjoy!
Delicious! The cookie is not too sweet by itself, but the chocolate dipped portion is rich enough to perfectly balance the taste of the cookie. If you are a chocolate lover, this is the cookie for you! It is rich, you can't eat too many. Thanks for posting this one, Sharon.