Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are 3 layers and an appealing look to each bar. Great for potlucks, buffets, entertaining, bake sales or when you want something a little different from the ordinary choc chip cookie.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in flourm, sugar and salt until crumbly.
- With floured fingers, press 2 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9" baking dish.
- Reserve remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 mins or until golden brown.
- Warm 1-1/2 cups morsels and sweetend condensed milk in small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spread over hot crust.
- Stir walnuts and remaining morsels into reserved crumb mixture, sprinkle over chocolate filling.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 2" squares.