Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is such an easy recipe for a great tasting candy. I originally saw it in the Quick Cooking magazine. I rarely make less than a double recipe and they are always eaten up. These are also great to give away at holiday time or bring to a party. Experiment with flavored chocolates and fruit and nut combinations for something different. Cook time is refrigerator time.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Chips will not appear melted.
- However, stir them to distribute the heat and get them melted.
- Add nuts and craisins, stirring until well coated.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto a wax-paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place into refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Note: if doubling the recipe, microwave time does not double.
- Check chips at about 2 1/2 minutes and add small amounts of time until chips are melted.
- It takes a bit under 3 minutes for a double recipe in my microwave.
Yummy! These were so quick and easy to put together. My cookie scoop worked great to drop them onto the wax paper. I made them last night and they're already almost gone. Definitely will have to double the recipe next time; DH is a big fan of cashews. Thanks!
I love these! I used walnuts only because I have alot of them. I toasted them a little cause I love the flavor. These were so easy to make and I like them better than store-bought! Thanks for a great recipe!