Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I was a little girl in the Bronx I was addicted to Goldenberger's Peanut Chews. These are the closest I could get.
- Mix in a heavy 2 quart saucepan, sugar, cocoa, milk and butter.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture bubbles all over.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter until melted and totally incorporated.
- Add the vanilla, uncooked quick rolled oats and nuts.
- With 2 teaspoons, drop on waxed paper.
- Let stand until set.
I have been making these since I was eight years old, I'm now fourty eight!!!! Everybody who tries these loves them instantly, and are quite addictive
I love Goldenberger's Peanut Chews, and was so excited to make this recipe. I'm not quite sure where I went wrong, but these chews turned out terrible for me.
This is just a simple easy thingy to make. . . . but its good. Will be taking some of these babies to a potluck tomorrow. No doubt they will be gone and I'll have to do another batch for me and my freezer.