Recipe by Mirj
When I was a little girl in the Bronx I was addicted to Goldenberger's Peanut Chews. These are the closest I could get.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in a heavy 2 quart saucepan, sugar, cocoa, milk and butter.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture bubbles all over.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter until melted and totally incorporated.
- Add the vanilla, uncooked quick rolled oats and nuts.
- With 2 teaspoons, drop on waxed paper.
- Let stand until set.