Recipe by katew
Easy and delicious - adapted from an issue of Fresh. Any ground nuts can be used - i just grab whatever is on hand.
- 250 g butter
- 200 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 50 g almond meal (any ground nuts can be used, try peanuts like I did)
- 3⁄4 cup thickened cream
- 200 g dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and milk chocolate together, stir till smooth.
- Preheat oven to 170 C, grease 23cm pan and line with baking paper.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together.
- Add choc mixture, stir to combine.
- Sift flour and add it along with almond meal.
- Fold it all gently together.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or till done when tested with skewer.
- Cool in tin for 15 minutes , then cool on rack.
- Heat cream till nearly boiling and add dark chocolate.
- Stir till melted and cool till thickened.
- Smooth frosting over cake with spatula and leave to set then serve.