Recipe by Debbwl
This is a very flexible recipe. These baked apples are stuffed with nut butter (have made with both almond butter and peanut butter) and chocolate chips. **The amounts below are estimates as the amount you will need will very with how big your apple is and how much you hallow it out.
- 2 apples (any baking apple will do we like the Honey Crisp)
- 1 teaspoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or 1 tablespoon peanut butter, divided as you will be doing layers
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, divided as you will be doing layers
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven on to 355°F.
- Wash and core apples using either a apple corer or a small pairing knife.
- Stuff a few oats into the cored bottom of the apple, this will block the filling from draining out.
- Stuff some nut butter into each apple; stuff in a few chocolate chips fallowed by some more nut butter and topping off with a few more chips.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, again this will depend on the size and type of apple you are using. They should be tender but still holding there shape.