Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies travel well and are full of chocolate goodness! This recipe makes large (3 dozen) OR regular (4 dozen) sized cookies
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients and add to mixer, beating at low speed until blended.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls for small cookies or 1/4 cupfuls for large cookies onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375º for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Cool cookies on sheets for 1 minute and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.