1/1 Photo of Chocolate Nut Bars
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Compliments of the editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine. The cooking time does not include the refrigeration time. These are delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line 8" square baking pan with foil, pressing foil into corners to cover completely and leaving 1" overhang on sides.
- 3Spread oats on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool, then place in large bowl.
- 4Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- 5Spread hazelnuts and walnuts on baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or just until cut sides begin to brown lightly. Let cool, then add to toasted oats.
- 6Stir in confectionary sugar, then set aside.
- 7Heat chocolate chips and shortening in small heavy saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- 8Spread evenly on bottom of prepared 8" square pan.
- 9Let stand in cool place 15-20 minutes, or until chocolate mixture begins to set, but is not firm.
- 10Combine butter and salt in microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds, or until butter is melted and foamy.
- 11Stir in corn syrup. Let cool slightly, and add vanilla.
- 12Stir corn syrup mixture into oat mixture, just until moistened.
- 13Gently spoon over chocolate, spreading evenly into corners.
- 14Score lightly into 4 strips, then score each strip into 6 pieces.
- 15Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- 16Remove bars from pan, lifting foil by edges.
- 17Place on cutting board; cut along score lines into 24 pieces. Remove foil.
- 18Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 56.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g