These little treats are so good, you'll never have any leftover!!! Got this recipe from an Eagle Brand holiday cookbook. They are my hubbies favorite holiday treats. They go great with vanilla ice cream.
- 414.03 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml milk chocolate chips (I use a mix of all 3) or 236.59 ml peanut butter chips (I use a mix of all 3) or 236.59 ml white chocolate chips (I use a mix of all 3)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans (any nuts can be subbed)
- Preheat oven to 375°f. Combine crumbs and butter, press firmly on bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan. Or for thicker bars you can use a 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 f.
- Melt condensed milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips and vanilla together in a small saucepan.
- Spread chocolate mixture over prepared crust.Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips, then nuts.
- Press down firmly.I use a heat safe rubber spatula for this, if you use your hands expect to get sticky.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, use rubber spatula to press topping down again half way through cooking.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
These are very rich, but so good. I cut them into sm squares rather than bars. I will definitely be making these again for my holiday gift trays. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring '08 Pick A Chef.
Thanks J&R's Mom! Excellent for the cholcate lover with unlimited possibilities. I used a mixture of mini peanut butter cups, milk chcolate/caramel swirl chips, milk chocolate chips and white chocolagte chips. For nuts, I used cashew halves. This was a big hit. It will be fun to experiment with other combinations.