1/3 Photos of Chocolate Nut Bars
jake ryley'smommy's Note:
These little treats are so good, you'll never have any leftover!!! Got this recipe from an Eagle Brand holiday cookbook. They are my hubbies favorite holiday treats. They go great with vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I use a mix of all 3) or 1 cup peanut butter chips (I use a mix of all 3) or 1 cup white chocolate chips (I use a mix of all 3)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans (any nuts can be subbed)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°f. Combine crumbs and butter, press firmly on bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan. Or for thicker bars you can use a 9x9 inch pan.
- 2Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 3Reduce oven temperature to 350 f.
- 4Melt condensed milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips and vanilla together in a small saucepan.
- 5Spread chocolate mixture over prepared crust.Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Top with remaining chocolate chips, then nuts.
- 7Press down firmly.I use a heat safe rubber spatula for this, if you use your hands expect to get sticky.
- 8Bake 25-30 minutes, use rubber spatula to press topping down again half way through cooking.
- 9Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.7
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 69.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g