- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- flaked coconut (for rolling in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a med sauce pan, stirring frequently over a low heat.
- Remove from heat and cool to luke warm.
- Beat in egg until smooth and glossy.
- Add in sifted sugar, vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup coconut and peanuts.
- Chill for about an hour.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in additional coconut.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet and chill for at least 3 hours or until firm.