1/1 Photo of Chocolate, Nut and Seed Granola Bars
Delicious as it Looks's Note:
I wanted a healthy, from-scratch granola bar to take to work with me as a snack, so I created this recipe. It's packed with whole grain, nuts and seeds and just a little honey for sweetness. I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate and this is a healthy way to satisfy my craving. You can use whatever nut you like in place of the walnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (regular or natural both work)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup walnut oil (canola oil may be substituted)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Heat oven to 350º F. Line a 8"x8" baking pan with foil. Lightly grease foil with cooking spray or oil.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, oil and salt. Stir until smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, sunflower nuts, chocolate chips, ground flax seed, chia seeds, and sesame seeds.
- 4Pour the peanut butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until evenly combined. Press into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate, Nut and Seed Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: