Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wanted a healthy, from-scratch granola bar to take to work with me as a snack, so I created this recipe. It's packed with whole grain, nuts and seeds and just a little honey for sweetness. I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate and this is a healthy way to satisfy my craving. You can use whatever nut you like in place of the walnuts.
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter (regular or natural both work)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil (canola oil may be substituted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raw sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 350º F. Line a 8"x8" baking pan with foil. Lightly grease foil with cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, oil and salt. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, sunflower nuts, chocolate chips, ground flax seed, chia seeds, and sesame seeds.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the oat mixture and stir until evenly combined. Press into prepared pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.