1/1 Photo of Chocolate No-Bakes
Chez Crinklebug's Note:
THESE are the no-bakes of the seventies, baby! Chocolate-Oatmeal-Coconut perfection...YUMMMM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white sugar or 2 cups turbinado sugar, if you are veggie
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter (I use a lite, no TFA margarine, and it works great!) or 1/2 cup margarine (I use a lite, no TFA margarine, and it works great!)
- 1/2 cup canned milk (or whatever you have)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- 1Lay out a 3 foot long piece of wax paper.
- 2In a sauce pan, mix sugar and cocoa until ALL lumps are broken up and evenly mixed.
- 3Turn the pan on MEDIUM (5) and add butter and milk, stirring the mixture and scraping the bottom of the pan CONSTANTLY.
- 4*If using turbinado, heat over medium-low heat (3) until all granules are dissolved, then turn up to medium heat (5).
- 5Boil for 90 seconds. No more -- One Mississippi style.
- 6Remove from heat, add oats and coconut and MIX WELL!
- 7Scoop out heaping Tablespoons and plop onto waxed paper. Tap down pan to settle.
- 8WAIT! Allow to cool and firm up. Lick the empty bowl if you want a taste, otherwise you'll burn the fire outta your tongue!
- 10Store in a ziplock baggie or cookie jar. Unlike most cookies, DO NOT store with a heel of bread, it will ruin the texture!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate No-Bakes
Serving Size: 1 (1044 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.2
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 38.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g