Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
kids love this chocolate slice
- 155 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 125 g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- lightly grease a 20cm square tin.
- put 125g butter and the sugar in a medium pot.
- stir over low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- stir in the crushed biscuits,chopped nuts and cocoa, mix gently until well combined.
- remove from heat and stir in the egg until combined.
- press the mixture into prepared tin, smooth the surface.
- place the chopped chocolate and remaining butter in a heatproof bowl.
- stand over a pan of simmering water.
- stir until both have melted.
- spread chocolate over the slice.
- return to fridge for at least an hour.
- cut into squares or bars before serving.
this is one beautiful tasting slice..so simple to make..was a big hit with my family..young and old . Margaret.NZ
So yummy, and so easy. I had all the ingrediants in my cupboard already. I've made this slice a number of times now and we always love it. It tastes great if you subsitute half the nuts for shredded coconut. If I don't have any chocolate for the top I'll just squish some slivered almonds (toasted if you can be bothered) into the top of the slice as you press it into the pan - mmmmmm. Think I'll go make so more. Thank you for posting. Erin - Australia