Recipe by Barb G.
Easy to make cookies, Hope you enjoy them. Not sure how manny it makes. The recipe comes from Sonora Winery and Port Works.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
These were very easy to make, looked attractive, and were tasty. I was surprised that the wine was not as strong tasting as expected, but this was not unpleasant. A nice, quick to fix dessert for a dinner party.
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine cookies, cocoa and pecans.
- Whirl until reduced to crumbs, pulsing for several seconds at a time.
- Add corn syurp and port.
- Continue to pulse processer until liquids are well blended.
- Using your hands, form dough into one-inch round balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar, Serve or store cookies in airtight container for up to one month.
- To store longer, freeze the cookies.