Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make cookies, Hope you enjoy them. Not sure how manny it makes. The recipe comes from Sonora Winery and Port Works.
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- In a food processor, combine cookies, cocoa and pecans.
- Whirl until reduced to crumbs, pulsing for several seconds at a time.
- Add corn syurp and port.
- Continue to pulse processer until liquids are well blended.
- Using your hands, form dough into one-inch round balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar, Serve or store cookies in airtight container for up to one month.
- To store longer, freeze the cookies.
These were very easy to make, looked attractive, and were tasty. I was surprised that the wine was not as strong tasting as expected, but this was not unpleasant. A nice, quick to fix dessert for a dinner party.