Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cookies you can make without heating up the house.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups quick oats (1-minute)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Measure out oats and set aside.
- Tear off three pieces of wax paper and lay them out on the counter.
- In a saucepan, heat margarine, sugar, cocoa, and milk on medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently and heat to boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand 1 minute.
- Add in salt, vanilla, and peanut butter and mix well.
- Stir in oats.
- Using a spoon, drop mixture onto wax paper. Let stand 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer wax paper to a large platter and put in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Store in fridge. Best served cold.