Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have tried several versions of this recipe and I believe this is the best! I got the recipe from my mother, and of coarse she cooks better than anyone else's mom. Be sure to cook the full two minutes so they will set up.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches a slow boil (mixture will bubble around sides). Cook 2 additional minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add peanut butter, and stir until smooth. Stir in oats, pecans, and vanilla. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper; cool. Yield about 4 1/2 dozen.
These are very good cookies. I left out the pecans, but otherwise made no changes. They were very rich and chewy. I may add a little bit extra coconut next time to get a little bit more coconut flavor in the cookies. Thanks for the recipe.
These cookies were very quick and easy to make. My family enjoyed their fudge-like flavor. Thank you for posting.