Recipe by Rachel Castle
I have tried several versions of this recipe and I believe this is the best! I got the recipe from my mother, and of coarse she cooks better than anyone else's mom. Be sure to cook the full two minutes so they will set up.
Top Review by jnpj
These are very good cookies. I left out the pecans, but otherwise made no changes. They were very rich and chewy. I may add a little bit extra coconut next time to get a little bit more coconut flavor in the cookies. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches a slow boil (mixture will bubble around sides). Cook 2 additional minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add peanut butter, and stir until smooth. Stir in oats, pecans, and vanilla. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper; cool. Yield about 4 1/2 dozen.