Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
These easy, no-bake sweets are the perfect addition to your holiday dessert menu.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- minature candy coated chocolate egg
- Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and shortening.
- Microwave on MEDIUM, stirring at 1-minute intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in rice cereal, chow mein noodles and coconut into chocolate mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Drop chocolate mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Using the back of a spoon, make an indentation in each spoonful of chocolate mixture to form a nest.
- Place chocolate nests on baking sheets in the refrigerator; chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Remove nests from baking sheets.
- Fill each nest with candy as desired.
- Happy Easter!