Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2. A fun way to have dessert!! Classified as Southwest region for the Tex Mex twist. = )
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (21-24 inch) flour tortillas
- 59.14 ml cinnamon sugar
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 118.29 ml strawberry, diced
- 59.14 ml sweetened coconut, toasted
- sweetened whipped cream, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with butter and cinnamon sugar.
- Cut tortillas into eighths.
- Place on baking sheet and toast about 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Heat cream in microwave until steaming.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl.
- Pour heated cream over chips and let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir to combine and if necessary, microwave for 20 seconds to fully melt chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, combine kiwi, mango, and strawberries.
- Assemble the nachos by layering first the tortilla chips, followed with the fruit mixture, and then drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and toasted coconut and enjoy!
I'm still giving this recipe 5 stars because I'm sure it's excellent as written and I'd love to try it this way, but I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. We've used bananas and strawberries for the fruit while pretty much following the recipe otherwise. The toasted coconut on top was divine. Sooo good :) We'll definitely be trying it with the mango because it sounds heavenly! Thank you for such a wonderful treat!
Lori thank you so much for suggesting these for my BBQ. The kids went WILD for them and their eyes got as big as saucers when they saw all these wonderful ingredients before them. Whenever someone lost a child we would just go look at the desert buffet and there they would be... making another chocolate nacho. A really fun recipe.
Awesome! This is wonderful! Easy to put together, great tasting, and the whipped cream and coconut are the perfect topping! Thank you Lori for posting this recipe, will be making it again!