Recipe by LoriInIndiana
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2. A fun way to have dessert!! Classified as Southwest region for the Tex Mex twist. = )
Top Review by Kit Katchen
I'm still giving this recipe 5 stars because I'm sure it's excellent as written and I'd love to try it this way, but I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. We've used bananas and strawberries for the fruit while pretty much following the recipe otherwise. The toasted coconut on top was divine. Sooo good :) We'll definitely be trying it with the mango because it sounds heavenly! Thank you for such a wonderful treat!
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (21-24 inch) flour tortillas
- 59.14 ml cinnamon sugar
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 118.29 ml strawberry, diced
- 59.14 ml sweetened coconut, toasted
- sweetened whipped cream, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with butter and cinnamon sugar.
- Cut tortillas into eighths.
- Place on baking sheet and toast about 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Heat cream in microwave until steaming.
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl.
- Pour heated cream over chips and let stand 2 minutes.
- Stir to combine and if necessary, microwave for 20 seconds to fully melt chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, combine kiwi, mango, and strawberries.
- Assemble the nachos by layering first the tortilla chips, followed with the fruit mixture, and then drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and toasted coconut and enjoy!