Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are super quick to make and very tasty too. Hope you like them. :)
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no spread) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (no spread)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F(325F for glass dish).
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar and margarine; mix well. Reserving 1/2 cup oat mixture, press remainder on bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Pour sweetnened condensed milk evenly over crust. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips. Top with remaining oat mixture; press down firmly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.
I just made these last night. They're in my cookbook, "America's Favorite Brand Names Cookbook". They are a little too sweet for my taste, and not as soft as I expected (a little softer than a Luna bar). They are still delicious though. I might try adding a little extra flour and baking soda the next time I make them to soften them up. They are very fast to make! EDIT: These were a lot softer after a day in a container. My friends *loved* them (& most had seconds)