Top Review by Debbb
This is the oddest recipe I've ever tried! But, I chose it as a birthday treat for a friend who loves chocolate & almond. So, if you take your time & follow the recipe carefully, it will work. The cookies end up nice & crunchy & fudgey. I thought the almond flavour was overpowering but the birthday girl thought they were perfect.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup flour, Sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Softened
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate chips in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Add marshmallows and water.
- Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sift together already sifted flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly blend butter, brown sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla into sifted ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Stir oats, pecans and melted chocolate into batter.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and cool an rack.
- shake off excess Bits 'o Brickle.