Recipe by Darrinw2001
These are good anytime! I usually have a half of one with my eggs in the morning. really good w/ organic peanut butter! They freeze very well also.
- 2 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups oat flour or 2 cups ground oats
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 6 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons gluten flour (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start a large pot of water to almost boiling.
- Combine all ingredients and mix in mixer or knead for 8 minutes. Let dough raise until about double (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Roll out dough into a rope and cut into 12 even pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and poke your finger through it. Twirl on your finger until the hole is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on cookie sheet and let rest about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 385°F and turn water up to boil.
- When water is boiling drop about 4 bagels 1 at a time into the water for about 1 1/2 minutes turning each one about half way through. Place back on cookie sheet.
- When all bagels have been boiled, place them in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before putting them in storage bags.