Chef #984820's Note:
Perfect for the coeliac with a craving for dessert. Yes, it’s not a typo, this is a cake made in a mug...the dangerous thing is it only takes 3-3 1/2 minutes in the microwave!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (optional, I have made it without and it's fine) (optional) or 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, I have made it without and it's fine) (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons soymilk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- 21 large coffee mug.
- 3Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
- 4Add egg, mix thoroughly.
- 5Add milk and oil, mix again.
- 6Add chocolate chips and vanilla, mix.
- 7Cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes in the microwave. Cake will rise over the top of the mug!
- 8This may serve 2 as a dessert depending on your appetite.
- 9Variation: In the bottom of another mug place 2 Tablespoons of jam. Mix the cake up and pour over the jam. When cooked, tip out for a chocolate dessert with jam sauce topping.
- 10Second variation: Make as for jam variation but leave out cocoa replacing it with same amount of rice flour. Add grated orange rind to mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mug Cake - Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.7
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 192.4 mg
- Sodium 93.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: