Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perfect for the coeliac with a craving for dessert. Yes, it’s not a typo, this is a cake made in a mug...the dangerous thing is it only takes 3-3 1/2 minutes in the microwave!
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon guar gum (optional, I have made it without and it's fine) (optional) or 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, I have made it without and it's fine) (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons soymilk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 large coffee mug.
- Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
- Add egg, mix thoroughly.
- Add milk and oil, mix again.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla, mix.
- Cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes in the microwave. Cake will rise over the top of the mug!
- This may serve 2 as a dessert depending on your appetite.
- Variation: In the bottom of another mug place 2 Tablespoons of jam. Mix the cake up and pour over the jam. When cooked, tip out for a chocolate dessert with jam sauce topping.
- Second variation: Make as for jam variation but leave out cocoa replacing it with same amount of rice flour. Add grated orange rind to mixture.