Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Healthier chocolate muffin recipe
Make and share this Chocolate Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats, ground if desired
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (Truvia baking blend)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F Grease 12 standard muffin or 6 jumbo muffin cups.
- Heat the buttermilk in a microwave safe cup or bowl until warm. Stir in the coffee and let stand to cool.
- Combine oats, cocoa, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, vanilla and applesauce. Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until moist. DO NOT BEAT! Stir in chocolate. Fill the greased muffin cups ? full.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes. Serve warm.