Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sunset. Feb 1998
Make and share this Chocolate Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, mix flour with sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine applesauce, egg, oil, and almond extract. Beat to blend, then add flour mixture and stir until evenly moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon the chocolate batter into 12 oiled or paper-lined muffin cups (2 1/2 to 2 3/4 inches wide).
- Bake in a 350° oven until muffins just begin to pull from pan sides and centers spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan about 5 minutes, then turn out onto racks. Serve warm or cool.