Recipe by sunny_day
Rich chocolate muffin that is especially popular with young children. Received this recipe from my Granny.
Top Review by tunasushi
These really are too sweet.....I got a sugar headache after 2 small bites.....I used applesauce instead of margarine and the entire recipe gave me 11 muffins...I expected them to be chocolatier, but the chocolate wasnt strong....They also don't rise much...If I make this again, I will probably make around 8, filling the batter to the top of the muffin cup, and I'll only use 3/4 cup sugar and maybe 1 more tablespoon of cocoa. Tks.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- salt (just a dash)
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (careful w/milk)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together margarine and flour until crumbly.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir together well.
- Grease muffin tins and lightly dust them with flour.
- Spoon batter into tins about half full.
- Bake@ 350° (175°C) for 20-25 minutes.
- Check if ready by pushing finger down on muffin and if it rises back up it is ready.
- Frost with chocolate icing.