Recipe by Cas
This is 3 recipes in 1, adapted for my daughter. I substituted sugar for syrup, etc, but you can substitute it right back again if there are certain things you can eat! As it stands the recipe is wheat, gluten, dairy and sugar free. It's a great recipe to get the kids to help with too.
Top Review by Starrynews
Good muffins! I used sugar, vanilla extract and 1/4 c cocoa. They were easy to make and had a nice flavor. I think I will also try it with chocolate chips and walnuts, as the previous reviewer suggested too. Thanks for sharing! ~PAC Spring '10~
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 1 cup maple syrup or 1 cup golden syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring or 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon chocolate flavoring (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup coffee (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cocoa (depending on the flavour you want)
Directions See How It's Made
- 'Cream'together butter and syrup.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, and egg yolks to make a creamy consistancy.
- Add egg yolks to syrup mix, along with all other ingredients except egg whites.
- Mix well, adding however much cocoa you desire.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Preheat moderate oven.
- Lightly coat muffin tin (greased or non-stick) with cocoa dust (unless using paper patty pans).
- Spoon in mixture and bake 20 minutes.