1/1 Photo of Chocolate Muffins
This is 3 recipes in 1, adapted for my daughter. I substituted sugar for syrup, etc, but you can substitute it right back again if there are certain things you can eat! As it stands the recipe is wheat, gluten, dairy and sugar free. It's a great recipe to get the kids to help with too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 1 cup maple syrup or 1 cup golden syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1/2 teaspoon chocolate flavoring (optional)
- 1/2 cup coffee (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup cocoa (depending on the flavour you want)
- 1'Cream'together butter and syrup.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff, and egg yolks to make a creamy consistancy.
- 3Add egg yolks to syrup mix, along with all other ingredients except egg whites.
- 4Mix well, adding however much cocoa you desire.
- 5Fold in egg whites.
- 6Preheat moderate oven.
- 7Lightly coat muffin tin (greased or non-stick) with cocoa dust (unless using paper patty pans).
- 8Spoon in mixture and bake 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (770 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 73.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: