1/1 Photo of Chocolate Mudslides (Cookies)
1 hr 15 mins
From the New York Times, I bring you Chocolate Mudslides! Be forewarned, these babies are very addictive! A cookie for true chocolate lovers. The simplicity of this recipe belies the intensity of the chocolate flavor. They prove to be as strong as they are addictive ;) Enjoy!
My Private Note
Large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt the unsweetened chocolate and 4 cups of the bittersweet chocolate over a double-boiler (a simple double boiler can be set up by putting a metal bowl over a simmering pot), stirring periodically.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy and add the eggs one at a time, blending until mixed.
- 4Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the butter mixture and mix just until combined.
- 5Add the melted chocolate and mix until combined and stir in the nuts and remaining chocolate pieces.
- 6Pour the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet or tray.
- 7Put the mixture into a refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes until slightly, but not completely, hardened.
- 8Reverse the sheet or tray onto another piece of parchment paper on a hard surface.
- 9Use a knife to divide the mixture into 20 squares.
- 10With your hands, roll each of the squares into a ball and evenly space them on one or two parchment-lined baking sheets (leave room for them to spread).
- 11Bake the cookies for 15 to 25 minutes, until crusty on the outside (they should still be gooey on the inside).
- 12Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before eating.
- 13Yield: 20 large cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mudslides (Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (1162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 213.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: